To Schedule an appointment and learn more about Cindy’s services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 339-223-9468. Fees are expected before or at the time of service.
- In Person Individual Counseling.
- Virtual Consults- Yes, I do Skype/phone/Facetime consults. Cindy offers flexibility with regard to length of phone appointments: 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes.
- Communication With Your Health Care Team- As part of your care, Cindy will communicate with anyone on your health care team: physician, nurse, counselor etc at your request. Many clients find this communication invaluable, particularly in obtaining certain lab tests but also just in better understanding their health care choices.
- Registered Dietitian and Registered Nurse Coaching: If you are new to the functional nutrition model or maybe you could use another set of eyes to review your client case histories, Cindy offers one-on-one coaching sessions for registered dietitians and registered nurses. Learn key components of the functional nutrition medicine model in assessing your clients. To book a consultation and for pricing inquiries please email email@example.com
Forms: For all initial appointments including a first time phone appointment, Cindy will send you a welcome letter, medical/health/lifestyle questionnaires and confidentiality consent form to complete before your appointment.
Two hours. Each initial visit includes a nutrition physical exam and thorough assessment of nutrition, medical, psychosocial and food/diet history. This is an in-depth exchange and examination of what has brought you to where your health is today. Also included as desired: review of supplements and medications, measurements of weight, height, waist and hip circumference and blood pressure, nail and skin check and establishment of initial short and long term goals. We will look at your stress levels, triggers and other factors that may be interfering with you leading a balanced life. At each visit we create an action plan with goals best suited for you, correcting and adjusting along the way.
45 minutes. A “mini” consult can be by phone or in person. It is an alternative to my 90 minute initial consult and allows you the opportunity to discuss your important health questions. This consult does not include an in depth review of your medical history, however, it is more an opportunity to just ask questions about nutrition and your health and receive an expert’s opinion.
Follow Up Appointments
60 minutes. Each follow up visit includes a close look at behavior strategies that will best help you succeed. Assessment of progress and changes including diet, medication and supplement changes, waist and hip measurements and blood pressure monitoring as desired; revision of goals as necessary, ongoing nutritional and medical education.
Basic Starter Package
Two hour Initial consult, one 60 minute follow up and one 30 minute follow up.
Initial Plus Four
This option includes the initial appointment plus four hours of follow up. You can choose the four hours to be divided into 30, 45 or 60 minute appointments. Weekly email contact provided. Four hour must be used in 4-6 months.
If you decide to purchase appointments individually and not in a package, then most questions must be reserved for another appointment.
All appointments can be provided by phone, Skype, or Google Chat. Online and phone appointments are also available when frequent follow up is desired or because it is more convenient. Fees are the same as for other similar time length appointments.
Cindy realizes that sometimes it is the emotional support and accountability that is the most important and in this regard she can email, as needed, without additional charge. Sometimes however, you may want closer email communication that requires more attention– to accurately and carefully respond, particularly regarding supplements–and in this regard the Initial Plus Four may work for you. Otherwise, lengthy email questions should be saved for a scheduled appointment.
If you’d like to work with Cindy to lose weight or for a particular medical condition and also have more communication in-between appointments, you may choose between the Basic Starter Package or the Initial Plus Four. You can decide to purchase one of these options at Cindy’s initial screening on the phone or after your initial consultation. Once you’ve committed to either package, then you also have more options to email Cindy with questions in-between appointments (within reason)—which allows for more continuity of care. Cindy encourages you to use the four hours within four to six months. If you decide to purchase appointments individually and not in a package, then most questions must be reserved for another appointment. Please contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding this additional level of nutrition and wellness counseling.
What is a Patient Health Care Advocate?
Sometimes another set of eyes and ears helps you have a clearer understanding of your medical care, as well as improve communication with your health care team. Cindy is highly skilled at reviewing medical research/literature; her strong clinical background as a nutritionist and nurse allows her to comfortably work with your health care team. She will communicate with your physician, nurse or counselor regarding a particular concern upon your request. She can review your medical history for any health issue, recommend labs, communicate with any care provider, as well as have “strategy sessions” to outline most important information to cover at a physician or other medical appointment.
Cindy’s extensive clinical experience includes:
- Digestive health including: Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance, GERD (esophogeal reflux), Crohns Disease/Ulcerative Colitis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome and the FODMAPs
- Cardiovascular health, Pre-diabetes and Type II diabetes
- The value of low-carbohydrate eating: who benefits the most and how low do you go?
- Nutrigenetics/nutragenomics- how your genes and food influence one another.
- Sports Nutrition
- Eating Disorders
- Safe supplement use